ALDOM massage gun is one of many similar massagers on the market. It looks like many other models, is in a similar price range and advertises the same features. Nevertheless, it managed to get numerous very good customer reviews. Whether these reviews are justified, I would like to find out in this review. For this purpose, I tested the massage gun from ALDOM myself for a total of several hours.
Scope of Delivery and Attachments
The massager from ALDOM comes in a plain, quite compact cardboard box.
In turn, you can only see a carrying bag in the box at first. If you open it, you will find the massage gun and all accessories in the bag. The entire scope of delivery thus includes the following:
- 1 x ALDOM Massage Gun
- 1 x Ball Attachment
- 1 x Flat Head Attachment
- 1 x Fork Attachment
- 1 x Bullet Attachment
- 1 x Thumb Attachment
- 1 x Wedge Attachment
- 1 x Carry Bag
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x Manual
The scope of the included accessories corresponds to the standard for most massage guns. Accordingly, everything is included that should be included to use the gun directly.
The attachments also include the most important ones, so basically all muscle groups can be worked:
The ball attachment is probably the standard attachment par excellence. In principle, it can be used for all muscles. However, due to its size and shape, it is mainly used for medium to large muscles.
The flat head attachment is also a standard attachment. In principle, it can also be used for all muscle groups. Due to its straight contact surface, it is particularly suitable for the chest and leg muscles.
The fork attachment is shaped like a “U”. Accordingly, it has a recess in the middle, which can be used to massage around bones and ligaments. Therefore, this attachment is used on the legs, as well as along the spine.
The bullet attachment has a very small contact surface so that it can apply a great deal of force specifically to a single muscle. Accordingly, the attachment is used for small muscles as well as for trigger point massage.
The thumb attachment also has a fairly small contact surface. However, it is somewhat larger than the bullet attachment. Therefore, the attachment is often used for the lower back.
Due to its shape, the wedge attachment is mainly used on the shoulders as well as the IT bands. It can also be used for scraping movements.
All in all, the quality of the attachments of the ALDOM massage gun is on par with most other massagers on the market. Thus, the attachments are very stable. Nevertheless, the workmanship could be a bit better. However, this is irrelevant for the use.
Due to the variety, the attachments can be used for all muscle groups. I would have liked only possibly an air cushion attachment for sensitive areas.
In total, the ALDOM massage gun has 30 levels. That is a comparatively very large amount. To list them all here would exceed the scope of the test. That’s why I’ll list the performance for the application areas that are specified by the manufacturer:
- 1st to 6th Level: 1,200 to 1,821 rpm – daily use
- 7th to 12th Level: 1,945 to 2,566 rpm – muscle activation
- 13th to 18th Level: 2,690 to 3,310 rpm – fascia massage
- 19th to 24th Level: 3,434 to 4,055 rpm – deep massage
- 25th to 30th Level: 4,179 to 4,800 rpm – professional massage
The power levels sound very promising at first glance. Especially the 4,800 strokes per minute promise a very intensive massage. In addition, the stroke length is 16 mm. That is far above average.
In the test, however, the gun only moderately convinced me. The vibration was on par with mediocre massage guns with up to 3,200 strokes. There was also hardly any noticeable difference in the length of the shocks compared to others. Still, the massager did its job. It was able to perform both lighter and stronger massages. These also felt equally good.
Unfortunately, the massage gun does not have any special functions. A pressure sensor or similar is accordingly not present.
Usability and Handling
The operation of the ALDOM massage gun is basically very simple. First, the device is switched on. For this purpose, there is a switch on the bottom.
The motor is switched on or off via a button on the top of the display. Two other buttons (“+” and “-“) are used to switch through the power levels. This is simple, but quite cumbersome due to the large number of levels, as the individual levels have to be switched through. This is quite cumbersome at level 30.
Also, there is unfortunately no way to pause the gun on a stage and resume. Thus, if you want to change the attachment, you first have to turn off the motor and then set the right level again.
I also have to criticize the handling. The handle is quite thick and is rather difficult to grip. It does not help that the handle is rubberized and ribbed, which prevents it from slipping out of hand.
The weight, on the other hand, is rather positive. It is only about 2.00 lbs (909 g) without the attachment and about 2.05 lbs (928 g) with the ball attachment. Thus, the massager from ALDOM is not the lightest, but it is in the good midfield in terms of weight. Thus, it does not feel particularly heavy even after longer use.
In the ALDOM massage gun, there is a battery with a capacity of 2,400 mAh. This is also average for most massage guns. Nevertheless, a runtime of 8 hours is advertised. I cannot confirm this. In a classic use, the runtime is rather 2 to 4 hours, depending on the intensity level used. This is also average and completely sufficient.
The battery’s charge level is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen. There are gradations from 10 to 1, where “10” stands for a full battery and “1” for an almost empty one.
The battery status is also displayed via the ring light at the bottom of the handle. This lights up in different colors depending on the battery status. The gradation is green – yellow – red.
The battery is charged via the supplied power supply unit. This is connected to a power source and plugged into the bottom of the gun. Charging thus takes place in a few hours.
Unfortunately, the battery cannot be replaced. Thus, you have to replace the entire device when it no longer functions correctly.
I measured the volume of the massage gun myself from a distance of 40 cm. I did this for all devices in my massage gun test. For the model from ALDOM, I got the following values:
- 1st to 6th Level: ~ 47 dB to 52 dB – similar to light rain
- 7th to 12th Level: ~ 52 dB to 55 dB – similar to a TV
- 13th to 18th Level: ~ 55 dB to 56 dB – similar to a loud radio
- 19th to 24th Level: ~ 56 dB to 57 dB – similar to a loud conversation
- 25th to 30th Level: ~ 56 dB to 57 dB – similar to einem lauten Gespräch
These values have also confirmed my feeling when using a gun. At the first levels, the motor was still very quiet. However, as the intensity increased, it tended to get louder, and at the highest levels, it was perceptible. Thus, the ALDOM massage gun is definitely not one of the quietest devices. For use in quieter environments, the gun is most suitable at the lowest levels.
Material and Quality
ALDOM massage gun is mostly made of plastic. This is not as valuable as metal. Nevertheless, the material looks quite stable and valuable.
The same applies to workmanship. All edges of the massage gun are cleanly processed. I could not find any sharp edges or the like. The gaps are also quite small.
However, I have to be very critical of the smell. When I opened the box, I was met by a very strong and unpleasant smell. I quickly noticed that this comes from the rubberized handle. When I smelled it directly, it had a biting, almost painful effect on my nose. After a few hours, the smell was gone. However, it is a sign for me that possibly toxic plasticizers were used.
I paid € 79.99 for the ALDOM massage gun. When I then wrote the review a few weeks later, the price was $69.99. Thus, the device is priced rather in the lower midfield, so it is quite cheap. Nevertheless, I would rate the price-performance ratio as rather mediocre. There are already much better models for a bit more money. In addition, the chemical smell put me off quite a bit.
Conclusion – ALDOM Massage Gun Review
The ALDOM massage gun would basically be a good device at a fair price. Thus, the gun is quite light, comes with many accessories, and has a long-lasting battery. In addition, the motor is comparatively good for this price range.
Nevertheless, I would personally rather advise against the device. There are two reasons for this:
- Since the massage gun has 30 power levels, they all have to be switched through. Accordingly, the operation is cumbersome.
- The smell of the handle is a very strong chemical. At close range, it even burned slightly in the nose. Accordingly, I assume that plasticizers are contained.
If you want to know more about the advantages and disadvantages of the ALDOM massage gun, you can find them listed here:
Scope of Delivery and Attachments - 10/10
Functionality - 8/10
Usability and Handling - 8/10
Power Supply - 8/10
Noise - 9/10
Material and Quality - 7/10
- low volume at low levels
- light and compact
- space-saving transportable
- carrying bag included
- good handling
- 6 attachments included
- with display
- fair price
- “too many” power levels
- handle has a very strong unpleasant chemical smell
- not as valuable as devices made of metal
- battery not replaceable
FAQ & Troubleshooting
The instruction manual is included with the ALDOM Massage Gun. You can also access it online here.
- Avoid completely draining the battery. The problem that the massage gun cannot be charged often occurs when the battery is completely discharged.
- Make sure that you use the original power supply. A massage gun should only be charged with the original charger. If you do not have the original charger, you can write the support and ask for one.
- If the battery still does not charge properly, leave it connected to the charging cable for about one hour. Remove the charging cable and then start the massage gun. Empty the battery completely again. Then try to charge the battery again. The whole process may have to be repeated several times.
- If this won't help and you still have a warranty on your ALDOM Massage Gun, contact the manufacturer with your problem. They can help you in most cases.
- First, make sure the switch on the bottom is turned on. Otherwise, the ALDOM massage gun will not start.
- You then start the motor using the button at the top of the display. You may have to hold the button briefly.
- Make sure that the battery of the massage gun is charged. Before the first use, you should fully charge the battery.
- When you use the ALDOM massage Gun for a long time at a stretch, it is possible that it has overheated. In this case, leave the massage gun switched off for at least an hour before using it again.
- If this won't help and you still have a warranty on the ALDOM massage Gun, contact the manufacturer with your problem. They can help you in most cases.